Better yet, we specialize in offering a personal touch that caters to your specific needs. We can tailor your transcripts to your individual specifications and accommodate just about any rush turnaround request, including 48-hour, 24-hour, same-day, weekend, holiday and overnight turnaround.
The 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP Difference
The 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP team of transcriptionists, project managers, audio auditors and quality assurance managers create transcripts from countless hours of audio and video on a 24/7/365 basis. We pride ourselves on a number of qualities you just won't find in combination anywhere else in the industry.
1. We re-listen to everything we transcribe - As long as you choose our Premium Transcripts or our Ultra Transcripts (but not our Draft Transcripts), you can rest assured that our independent quality assurance team will audio audit every word typed by our transcriptionists. Unlike our competitors, we don't simply "proofread" your documents for spelling, punctuation and formatting. Rather, we deliver simply awesome transcripts that we've 100% audio audited and quality assured for 99%+ accuracy.
2. Premium quality - With 99% accuracy, 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP sets itself apart from other transcription companies who choose instead to compete for the lowest price. Our top-tier transcripts deliver unparalleled accuracy and quality you'll find difficult to acquire elsewhere. The standard accuracy rate in the transcription industry is just 98% accuracy. While 98% accuracy sounds wonderful, the rate of speech in a typical recording is 150 words per minute. With a 2% rate of error, 98% accuracy means your transcripts could have up to one error every twenty seconds. Our 99% accuracy eliminates half of these errors, and very few transcription companies offer this guarantee.
3. A rare, flawless-quality option - Nearly no other transcription company offers a flawless transcript option. Although our 99% accurate premium transcripts are already very high quality, we offer an additional option - Ultra Transcripts - for anyone in need of a truly flawless transcript. What's the difference between ultra and premium transcripts? The difference lies in that nagging 1% error rate. Our competitors offer 98% accuracy guarantees. A 2% error rate means your transcripts could have a maximum of one error every twenty seconds. Our premium transcripts with 1% error rates have a maximum of only one error every forty seconds, whereas our ultra transcripts have only a 0.1% error rate, which amounts to a maximum of just one error every seven minutes.
4. Two budget-friendly options too! - We understand the tight budget constraints you're facing, and that's why we offer not just one but two low-price options - Draft Transcripts and Budget Notes. With Draft Transcripts, we'll assign your audio or video to one of our trusted transcriptionists, but we won't re-listen to what's transcribed. However, our Word document transcripts are always completely editable, allowing for corrections and cost savings on your end. In addition, what we've nicknamed "Budget Notes" will surprise you - we can paraphrase just about any live or pre-recorded audio or video and format your notes to look just like transcripts do. With Draft Transcripts and Budget Notes, you can finally feel at ease knowing that you're contributing to the local economy and supporting the U.S. job market with 100% U.S.-based transcription and note taking.
5. Weekend and holiday delivery - While you're waiting for business-day delivery with that other transcription company, consider the time savings we can provide with weekend and holiday delivery. Most other transcription companies don't even make weekend or holiday delivery an option. We know how precious your time is, and we want to help. Our fastest turnaround service offers same-day, weekend and holiday delivery of your transcripts, and in many cases, we will surprise you by delivering earlier than expected too.
6. 100% U.S.-based - We've rooted our quality difference in 100% U.S.-based work. Exclusively contracting U.S. citizens may not provide the greatest profit margins, but it certainly provides the most sustainable business model for client satisfaction and our local economy. In the aftermath of the Great Recession, it's truly criminal that nearly all transcription companies now offshore their transcription work to the Philippines, India and other countries where English is not the native language. If you've ever misquoted a song lyric or misheard something someone said, imagine how inaccurate your transcripts will be from a transcriptionist whose first language isn't English. Transcripts aren't gadgets; you can't produce them offshore and ever expect to receive the quality you would from a U.S.-based transcriptionist. How do you know if your transcription service provider offshores your transcription? Simple - any transcription company that doesn't loudly broadcast its service as a 100% U.S.-based transcription service is offshoring its work. There's just no reason not to make this well known when it's so rare to find, especially given both the inaccuracies and security risks you face through offshore outsourcing.
7. Simplified ordering without eliminating your options - Other transcription services have "streamlined" their process so much that they've eliminated their customers' options. At 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP we understand that transcripts are not widgets and that every transcript is unique just like every client is. That's why we offer more time code options than any other transcription company, more turnaround options than other transcription companies and more formats and special features than you will find elsewhere. If you're ready for a serious, professional, high-quality transcription service, you've come to the right place.
8. We work miracles on difficult and even near-impossible audio - It's true that difficult audio doubles, triples, or even at times quadruples the time required for accurate transcription. Any transcription company can offer you the lowest price, but especially in the case of difficult audio, several extra labor hours are necessary to produce the quality that we do with difficult audio. We have even worked miracles on near-impossible audio with recordings made almost entirely indecipherable by extremely heavy crosstalk, extremely muffled sound, extremely heavy background noise, voices speaking in the background of the audio, speakers screaming and even cursing at each other and more. Given the numerous labor hours necessary for quality output in difficult-audio cases, we don't believe it's ethical or fair for our transcriptionists or our transcript editors to work for less than minimum wage, so we do pay our team higher wages unlike our competitors.
9. We don't engage in price wars, but our pricing is still competitive - Particularly for 100% U.S.-based transcription, your search for affordable and accurate transcription is truly over. Of course, our pricing is not merely competitive based on price alone but in structure too. Other transcription companies sell only draft-quality transcription without disclosing this. At 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP you can finally choose the level of transcription quality you need, knowing up front exactly the quality level you can expect upon delivery.
10. Fair, fast, reliable turnaround - It's not just our weekend delivery that makes our turnaround so valuable, but our turnaround during the weekdays delivers your documents on fair, efficient terms catered to your specific needs. While other transcription companies extend standard turnaround for individual files running longer than one hour in length, we're committed to fair, ethical practices that deliver the same turnaround time to all clients. We don't believe a client with one two-hour recording should wait three to five business days, while another client with fifty one-hour recordings receives all transcripts in 36-48 hours. That's why we only expedite your transcript turnaround when you specifically request rush turnaround, and we offer multiple turnaround options from which to choose, including one week, 48 hours, 24 hours, same day, weekend, holiday and overnight. No other transcription company offers as many turnaround options as we do, making us the vendor of choice for clients who want complete control over their turnaround times. In addition, many transcription companies still don't offer same-day turnaround, which proves insensitive to the fact that transcription is often an afterthought you don't anticipate.
11. 24 / 7 / 365 support - Our transcriptionists literally work around the clock for you, meeting your needs when you need them. While other transcription companies schedule their business hours for their time zone as well as close their offices on weekends, we always have a manager on call to start your next project even during non-business hours, including weekends and holidays. You can upload your files directly with ease via our private, SSL-enabled WeTransfer channel, after which we'll receive an instant automated email notification. Better yet - we're available by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Give us a call today at 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP. No matter how early or late in the day it may be, we'd love to hear from you, and we're always happy to help.
12. We possess an in-depth, extensive understanding of the transcription industry and the transcription process itself - Many clients are surprised to discover that it requires one full workday to transcribe one hour of audio. In fact, if your transcription involves accents, background noise, multiple speakers, speaker tracking, timestamps/time code, true verbatim, technical terminology, or other special formatting, it could take up to twelve work hours to transcribe just one audio hour. It's a common misconception that transcription only takes as long as the sound file itself. Unfortunately, this is never the case. Even with one speaker and clear, "easy" audio, the speed of speech is at least four times the speed of typing for even the most skilled and experienced transcriptionist. When multiple speakers and other audio quality variables are part of your recording, the speed of typing drops to at least six to twelve times less than the speed of the recording. Do you ever find yourself simply picking up the phone rather than typing out a response to an email? Of course, the delay between responses is frustrating, but it is in fact quicker to speak than it is to type. Even the briefest of attempts at transcribing will confirm this is true.
13. Transcription isn't all we do - While we don't believe in spreading ourselves too thinly, we know our clients have many language service needs that go beyond transcription. In fact, producing high-quality transcripts requires other writing skills such as editing and proofreading. While we don't correct spoken grammatical errors when transcribing, we can edit and proofread your writing as well as craft high-quality, original writing content from scratch. We aim to bring your words together to give life to great ideas all while providing reliable, awesome customer support. If you have a project that involves something other than transcription, you'll find it quite convenient that we are the one-stop shop for all your writing and language needs.
14. Founded by a graduate of both Temple University and the Ivy League University of Pennsylvania - Simply put, we know what we're doing! We founded 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP only after first completing rigorous academic study and after gathering years of experience managing transcriptionists elsewhere. After facing the horrors within other transcription company cultures, we knew we could do it better.
More turnaround options than any other transcription company.
Guaranteed accuracy even with recordings
involving 3+ speakers and difficult audio.
More time code options than any other transcription company.
Guaranteed accuracy even with recordings
involving 3+ speakers and difficult audio.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP is easy! Other transcription companies typically require a new client to spend his or her valuable time requesting an account and waiting one business day or longer for account setup. At 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP we understand how important your time is, and we would never want to defeat the purpose of our service. After all, our transcription services are all about saving you time and trouble. That's why our Get Started order form only requires: 1) your contact info, 2) your delivery date and time, 3) your preferred quality of transcription (Draft, Premium or Ultra). You also have the opportunity to check off optional features you'd like in your transcripts, but these three criteria are the bare minimum we need to get started transcribing.
After hitting submit on the Get Started order form, you'll find yourself re-directed to our SSL-enabled upload portal where you can upload up to 2 GB at a time, and you're welcome to upload multiple files together.
As soon as we receive your audio or video files, you'll receive an automated email confirmation that we've downloaded your files. The download confirmation email provides the assurance of receipt you need to alleviate any concerns you have about whether we've received your files. Unlike our competitors, we can never make up excuses that we never received your files for transcription. You'll also receive an invoice confirming all costs before we start transcribing, ensuring no billing surprises at the end of your project. You can submit your payment with confidence and ease via our secure payment form, but you're always welcome to call us and pay over the phone as well.
In short, we're committed to doing what works best for you. We pride ourselves on not only delivering high-quality work but also being flexible too. That's why many of our clients bypass the standard upload process and simply send us streaming links and links from other file-sharing services, and they share folders with us on Dropbox too. Put simply, we're happy to help and eager to make transcription as hands off and time saving as possible for you.
Are you ready to get started? Upload your files now, or give us a call at 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP.